Oh, wait, I live in Fresno, where the heat is so oppressive in the summer that I just want to stay inside and hide, while everyone else is running from this vacation thing to that vacation thing. Yeah, I am not so interested in all that anyway. We go where we can, when we want to. We don't have to wait for classes to be over, we can school on the way there, while we are there and on the way back. No classroom needed..
So what are my goals for the kids this summer?
- Finish Danielle's 3rd grade math book. We spent the whole year being just a little bit behind, and were just not able to catch up. As such, we need to get it finished so we are well prepared to start 4th grade math.
- Finish Danielle's language arts program, we have one concept left, and it's mostly science-y, so I am guessing she will love it.
- Work HARD on Jack's basics, ABC, 123 and !@#$..
- Oh, wait, speech therapy, DAILY at 1pm. That's gonna be tons of fun, let me tell ya! Speech 4 days a week is a bitch to schedule a life around.
- HAVE FUN!!
What are my goals for myself?
- Work on our homeschool space, there HAS to be a better way to organize all this!
- READ, READ, READ! I have a To Be Read pile that threatens to bury us all! Thank goodness for my Kindle, as I am swiftly running out of room for books!!
- Get the attic cleaned up! UGH, it's a mess up there, and it's becoming increasingly difficult to find things that I *know* are up there.
- Find a bathing suit that doesn't inspire suicidal thoughts everytime I happen to catch my reflection *gag*
What about you guys, my faithful readers? What are your plans for summer, fantastic or mundane, feel free to share 'em in the comments!!