Welcome!! Let me introduce myself! I am Beckie, mommy to Michael, age 17, Danielle, age 5 and Jack-Jack, age 2. I am a homeschoolin' mom, I am a SpiralScouts Circle Leader, a lactivist, an intactivist, and general rabble rouser! I tend to blog about anything and evrything. I started a new blog just to cover out homeschool journey :)
I don't have any great party foods, but I can offer you a recipe that you can put together tonight for breakfast tomorrow when you're hung over and not up to cooking ;)
Amish Baked Oatmeal
* 1/3 cup butter
* 2 large eggs
* 3/4 cup brown sugar
* 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
* 1 teaspoon nutmeg or cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup milk
* 2 tablespoons milk
* 3 cups oatmeal (regular or quick)
1. Melt butter.
2. Grease 1 1/2 quart baking dish and drop in eggs and beat well.
3. Add brown sugar, baking powder, vanilla, nutmeg or cinnamon, and salt. Mix well, no lumps.
4. Whisk in butter and both measures of milk, then add oats.
5. Stir well, and refrigerate overnight.
6. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 35-45 min, or until set in the middle.
7. Serve hot with warm milk poured over.
Enjoy first thing in the morning, to help chase away the morning after headaches ;0)