Featured Post

Friday, November 16, 2007

What is that magic age..

when kids finally decided that sleeping is a viable pasttime?

My 16 year old gets it. If left to his own devices he would probably spend his day 75% sleeping, 15% gaming, 35% on his phone talking or texting and 10% eating, yes I know that's more then 100% but he is often multitasking, even while sleeping :)

On the other hand, my 5 year old and my 2 year old avoid sleep like the plague. They push themselves to stay awake, even if they are down right, screaming, crying miserable, they'd rather stay awake and punish me, themselves, the dog and anyone with in earshot.

I can't wait for the day my daughter rolls over in the morning and says "5 more minutes mom!" Instead of laying in bed awake, waiting for the sun to shine through the black out blinds, so she can ask me, "Is it time to get up??" As many times as I say no, it does me no good, because she thrashes and makes noises, till I give up and get up :(

1 comment:

Strad Ravenloft said...

Lol. Thats IF I'm left to my own.

Now'n days. People DONT want me to sleep. T.T

And shes right. I can even be on the phone, eating, and SLEEPING at the same time...

Dont ask. Just wonder.