Featured Post

Saturday, August 25, 2007

How very sad...

One in four adults say they read no books at all in the past year, according to an
Associated Press-Ipsos poll released Tuesday.


As an avid reader, I read statistics like this and just get sad :( Maybe it's because my parents read books when I was growing up, but I see reading a book as one of the top 5 things to do when one has time to do something, you know? I am always reading something, if not several somethings at any given time. I just finished Harry Potter 6, and am waiting patiently to see my friend to borrow Harry Potter 7.

And even of those who did read, the average number of books read was 5. I can honestly say, I read so many books last year I couldn't even remember them all to list here!!

I hope that my kids inherit my love of reading. I hope that by seeing their mom and dad read, they see reading as a worthwhile past time. I hope that there still are books when the kids are my age ;)

No comments: