Featured Post

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Conservative Christians, please feel free to skip this post..

there is a nice picture of Baby Jack in the next post, go look at that...




Okay, so if you are this far, I am going to assume that you won't be offended by my leftest pagan views to follow, and if you are, I only want to hear about it if you have a real argument, if you use because, god, or faith in your argument, then I don't' want to hear it.


So today I was torturing myself and listening to talk radio here in the lovely San Joaquin Valley, which consists of one sucky little AM station that only plays right wing radio. Specifically I was listening to Rush Limbaugh, whom I only listen to for the giggles. I tend to giggle a lot at the rants of madmen, and he certainly falls into that category.

Let me back up a moment. I have to tell you about the funny post on Amity Mama's that I read this morning, concerning Bill Maher, and he's views on Intelligent Design which can be read here but I will cut and paste the important bits here:

And finally New Rule: You don't have to teach both sides of a debate, if one side is a load of crap.

Now, President Bush recently suggested that public schools should teach intelligent design, alongside the theory of evolution. Because, after all, evolution is quote, "just a theory." Then the President renewed his vow to drive the terrorists straight over the edge of the earth.

Now, here is what I don't get. President Bush is a brilliant scientist. He's the man who proved you can mix two parts booze with one part cocaine, and still fly a jet fighter. And yet... yet he just can't seem to accept that we descended from apes.

It just seems pathetic to be so insecure about your biological superiority, to a group of feces-flinging, rouge-buttocked monkeys, that you have to make up fairy tales. Like we came from Adam and Eve, and then cover stories for Adam and Eve like, intelligent design. Yeah, leaving the Earth in the hands of two naked teenagers. That's a real intelligent design.

I'm sorry, folks, but it may very well may be that life is just a series of random events. And that there is no... master plan. But enough about Iraq. Let me instead restate my thesis. There aren't necessarily two sides to every issue. If there were, the Republicans would have an opposition party.

And an opposition party would point out that even though there's a debate, in schools, and government, about this, there is no debate among scientists. Evolution... is supported by the entire scientific community. Intelligent design is supported by guys online to see "The Dukes of Hazzard."

And the reason there is no real debate, is that intelligent design isn't real science. It's the equivalent of saying that the thermos keeps hot things hot and cold things cold, because it's a god. It's so willfully ignorant you might as well worship the U.S. Mail. It came again! Praise, Jesus!

No, stupidity isn't a form of knowing things. Thunder is high pressure air meeting low pressure air. It's not God bowling. Babies come from storks is not a competing school of thought... in medical school. We shouldn't teach both. The media shouldn't equate both.


So after getting a side cramping giggle out of that, because I totally agree 110% (another argument for homeschooling, no one is gonna teach my babies that load of CRAP). I get into my car to go to the Dr, and here comes Rush.

Ranting, as only he can about global warming. How this creation of the leftist imagination is nothing more then a bunch of crap, used to hold back big business from exercising their god given right to destroy the environment as long as it puts a buck in their pockets. That global warming has no scientific basis in fact, and is in fact a creation of the left wingers to further their own agenda!

Okay, so someone explain it to me, how the political right can pick and choose which of these non-scientifically supported theories to support?? I mean, global warming has way, way more science behind it then their intelligent design theory, but it's a bunch of crap and intelligent design is the truth and should be taught in schools?? WTF?? Give me a freaking break, you can't have it both ways.

Honestly, it's stuff like this that just makes me scratch my head, and wonder. Oh, and don't forget, if you see the leader of Venezuela, tell him Pat Robertson is looking for him....

1 comment:

Spookygirl said...

But, PapaCool, your broke the first rule of leaving comments on this particular post of mine, you used god as part of your "arguement". See, that won't work as an arguement for me, cause I don't believe in your god. It would be like if I responsed to your contest with god, by siting my discussion with the squirrel that I worship (I don't worship squirrels, well, maybe the ones from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.)