Featured Post

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Gluten free vegan pancakes

Today I made up a big batch of gluten free vegan pancakes. On initial testing Jack was not interested but honestly the first few were very chewy. I spread a later one that was not as chewy with peanut butter and while Jack refused to try but Danielle liked it. The pancakes are very thin and brown very quickly!

Recipe:




1 bag Trader Joes Gluten Free pancake mix
2 medium over-ripe bananas
1 1/4 cup plain rice milk
2 tbsps vegetable oil

In a blender mix rice milk, oil and bananas till smooth. Pour into mixing bowl. Add dry ingredients and mix until combined. Let sit for 5 minutes (this seems to cut down on te chewiness). Cool as usual on griddle.

I think for us these will replace bread in peanut butter sandwiches. We have yet to hit on the bread that Jack will actually eat so I am hunting for replacements :)

Edited to add ~ After our uneventful trip to the dentist, we came back and all three kids had the pancakes made into peanut butter sandwiches, and all three happily ate them up. Success!!


-- Post From My iPhone while I'm out and about!

No comments: