Featured Post

Monday, October 05, 2009

On the 4th day of October...

I admit it, I was a Halloween slacker :( But I took the kids in the Wayback Machine to visit the Civil War, and that's kinda spooky right? I am sure there are some great haunted battlefields ;) and the Kearny mansion in Kearney park where the reenactment took place is reported to be haunted! It has reports of cold, motion of objects in rooms, and a disappearing pitcher seemingly replaced with plates. After dark the mansion is especially creepy. Sadly, we were there in the middle of the day, and I am sure the cannon fire would have spooked any resident spooks into hiding!

Watching the soldiers leave the battlefield in formation to march back to their respective encampments.

Using a foot treadle sewing machine for the first time. She did pretty good! Jack tried it too, but I had to hold his hand so no pictures.

Watching more soldiers marching by.

No comments: