Featured Post

Sunday, July 06, 2008

My Dad's cancer is back...

They said there is nothing they can do. Surgery is not an option and chemotherapy would not be effective. He can't have any more radiation because of the massive doses he has already received. So now the focus is on keeping him as comfortable as possible, and keeping his quality of life. Currently, he feels well, not even a headache. You'd never know he had cancer. He went to three Oakland A's games the weekend I was up to visit :D

So, I have decided that at this point, he's not much different then you and I. None of us know how long we have to live, and so, instead of mourning, and thinking of the end, I am going to keep living my life, trying visiting him more often, but not let this stop me in my tracks. The doctors don't know how long he has to live, but heck, I don't know how long I have to live either. So why dwell on what no one knows about, and instead, focus on making great memories for my children of their papa.

But I did want you all to know, as I may have to disappear at a moments notice to be at his side. Send positive energies to him and to my family, we need all we can get. I don't see this as the end of my father, but as his transition to a new opportunity for learning and growth. He has had a rich and full life here, and I guess it's time for him to move on to the next thing. My main goal now is to help make is transition as easy as possible and to build as many memories for those he's leaving behind as I can.



2 comments:

Summer said...

I'm so sorry. May his passing be peaceful and calm.

Anonymous said...

DEAR BECKY, I AM SO SORRY ABOUT YOUR DAD. THIS CAN BE A SAD TIME, BUT IT CAN BE A SPECIAL TIME, TOO. TRY TO SEE HIM OR TALK TO HIM AS MUCH AS YOU CAN. ASK HIM QUESTIONS AND TAPE HIS ANSWERS. YOU BOTH MIGHT GET ANGRY, BUT IT'S OK--AND SHORT-LIVED. MAY HIS DEATH BE EASY AND HIS LOSS BE GENTLE TO YOU. KATHY
(ANGELA'S MOM)