Featured Post

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Yesterday..

I had a busy day, LOL! We got up at 6:30am (yes, 6:30am!) and went to the Breastfeeding Walk at Woodward Park. We didn't actually get to walk, LOL, but I had promised them a raffle prize, and I was not going to let them down ;) Then we loaded up the van, and headed down to the Amtrak Station to put Michael on a train to Hanford, to visit his other family for the day. After his train left the station, the little ones and I went to the Chaffee Zoo, to enjoy a day out. Silly me, didn't bother to check the weather, and had no idea it was going to be 106!! We were there about 4 hours, and had lots of fun.

The zoo was giving the animals special frozen treats, and we got to see the elephants demolish what looked like a banana split, but I am sure it was all healthy stuff, and two big balls for them to play with instead of ice cream scoops, and a few popsicles filled with yummy fresh fruit! We also had a lot of fun at the stingray bay, and Danielle got to touch quite a few stingrays.

I made a funny observation, only pertinent to current or former breastfeeding moms. Why is it that a 22lb child, can suck down more then half of my bottle of water, more then half of my cup of fruit punch, and still have room to nurse!! I swear, Jack drank his body weight at the zoo, and here I was dying of thirst! I actually stopped at Sonic on my way home (they were both sleeping) for a large ice tea, because I was sooo thirsty!

Anywho, that's about it for our weekend. Sorry there were no pics, I forgot my camera :(

No comments: