Featured Post

Monday, June 04, 2007

Sleep Deprivation and me

I swear, I NEVER get enough sleep. If my kids aren't keeping me awake or Dh's work schedule, it's pain, or just plain insomnia. I count myself lucky if I get 4 or 5 hours a night, dead serious! So, I was looking at some of the side effects of sleep deprivation, because I have a theory that a lot of my problems (and maybe my kids too) are a direct result of not getting enough sleep. So I found lack of sleep can cause:

  1. depression
  2. decreased concentration and mental activity
  3. headaches
  4. irritability
  5. memory loss
  6. weight gain
  7. sugar/carbohydrate cravings

Hmmm, does that explain why I HAD to go out tonight and get ice cream, and still managed to come back with Red Vines? LOL!!

I gotta find a way to get more sleep. I got a CD for Power Napping, and I have to say, first try, I fell asleep before the first track (1minute, 26seconds long) was over! But, I probably could have done that in any dark, quiet room with a pillow. I think I need to start thinking about night weaning Jack. It's not just the actual act of nursing him at night (which is really only 3 or 4 times) but when ever I move away from him, he wakes up and wants to nurse again. So I end up sleeping in one position all night, when I am sure greatly adds to my morning pain. And the morning pain! ARGH!! My kids may sleep until 9 or 10, but I am up and cranky at 7am because I am in so much pain, I can't lay down anymore.

Anywho, think sleepy thoughts for me ;)

No comments: