Featured Post

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Baby Jack is Here!!

Nak'n :)
Just got home from the hospital, got trapped there a little longer then I wanted to, so I figured I would pop on and give a quickie update and hopefully type up a fuller, more interesting birth story tomorrow, complete with pictures. I have to get the pics from the Grandma's, as I didn't manage to have a camera!! LOL!!
Jack Andrew Gist was born on December 12 at 3:28pm, after 8 hours of induced labor, and exactly 8 minutes of pushing!!! He weighed in at 7lbs, 13ozs, and is 21 inches long. As soon as he was cleared by his baby nurse (he had passed meconium and had to have some extra care after birth), he nursed for one hour! He managed to not lose an ounce while in the hospital, and continues to nurse like a champ!
I am doing fine as well, exhausted, but okay. Dean is happy to be home with his new little boy, and Danielle is absolutely in love with her little brother, and insists on holding him all the time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you and your family :) Looking forward to seeing the pictures!!

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!! I Am so excited! If you need us to come over and play with Danielle for a bit, I am on vacation for 3 weeks after tonight! You know the number. Congrats!! Can't wait to meet him!

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO!!!!! Congratulations Beckie and family!!!

Anonymous said...

HURRAY!!! Finally! Happy Birthday Jack! Welcome to the world! Can't wait to hear the full story and see the pics. Take all the time you need.. get acquainted! A new nursling, I'm so jealous! Congrats.

Anonymous said...

congratulations to you all! you must have some powerful milk there, not losing a single ounce! wtg!
i can't wait for pictures. :)