Featured Post

Friday, August 05, 2005

How many times have you seen it?


Posted by Picasa

A long, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, a friend said, "Have you seen Rocky Horror?" I had not, but it was GOOD!!

In retrospect I should be ashamed to admit that I spent close to 300 Saturday nighs at the theater in Berkeley, CA, at the midnight showing of The Rocky Horror Picture Show, helping out where I could with the cast, Indecent Exposures. Many a super early morning sitting at IHOP with my friends, Scott, Mal, Leah, Michael and John. But looking back, boy those were some fun times. Off I went to Berkeley, with friends, in cars, on BART, by hook or by crook, almost always in lingerie, to sing and dance to the Dark Refrains once more.

I even had the privledge of doing the Time Warp, 8 1/2 months pregnant with my son, Thanks to Marc Perry, who elbowed the crap out of anyone who came near me, LOL! And, some months later, returned with my son in a diaper for lingerie night, where he was dubbed "The Youngest Virgin Ever" at the Berkeley Rocky Show, and covered him with little black kisses and red "v"'s. Those were the days, I tell you.

Now I have to be happy with RHPS on DVD, it's soooo not the same. But I can still sing every song, speak every line, and do my audience participation with out missing a beat. And some nights, it just feels right to Do The Time Warp Again!!

It's just a jump to the left....

3 comments:

Ms. Doe said...

Well, get ready to cring...I've never seen it once. I tried once in high school, but I just couldn't get into it. I should try it again sometime. :)

Jessica....lucky mom to Logan said...

The funny thing is, I can totally see you doing that! I have seen it about 3 times, but never live in person. My mom's friends used to go to the tower theatre when they would do the live screenings and stuff, that was so long ago! I really like it and would love to witness a live showing one day, espically to see you dressed up and wild! LOL Don't know if I would have enough balls to participate, do they have a visitors section??

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

How fun! I've seen it many times, but nowhere close to 300. ;)
It's so much better (and different) to see it in a theater when ppl are acting it out than in your own livingroom.
I used to work with a girl that played Frank-N-Furter with a live troupe. She wore her costume to work for Halloween one year and they made her change. Doh!